It may have been June 6th, but it was a chilly morning. We were tempted to turn the heat on, but instead we turned on the oven! These savory muffins utilizing spring radishes warmed the house (& our bellies) right up. We used our Garlic & Chive Chèvre and at the last second decided to throw some crispy bacon crumbles in the mix. They would be perfect for Father’s Day brunch and are also wonderful pulled right from the freezer, if prepared ahead.
- 7 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled (divided)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups of radishes (stems removed and julienned, divided)
- 2 ounces of Mackenzie Creamery Garlic & Chive Chèvre (crumbled)
- 2 ounces of Mackenzie Creamery Original Chèvre (crumbled)
- 1/4 -1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbles (optional & bacon amount to meet your desires)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375. Grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin with baking papers.
- Cook bacon in skillet to crispy, drain on paper towel, set aside, let cool
- Crumble cooled bacon
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, 5 tbsp. of cooled butter and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir until combined.
- Fold in the goat cheese crumbles, the bacon & all but 2 tbsp. of the radishes.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with a few pieces of reserved radish, a spoonful of the remaining melted butter and some fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
We adapted this delicious recipe by thekitchn.com to work with our flavored chèvre and our bacon loving taste.