These, these, these! For the holiday, or everyday!
I adapted this recipe by loveandoliveoil.com to be gluten-free & changed a few other items too, because of what I had on hand – from their “Soft Goat Cheese Sugar Cookies”! Although, I must say, that gluten consumer or not, the gluten-free version will be gobbled up by all (& the gluten, probably never even missed)!
These Cookies can be stored at room temperature, in an airtight container for up to 1 week. I’m also anxious to see how well these freeze.
- 2 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- ½ teaspoon Bob’s Redmill Xanthan Gum
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup (3 oz.) of Mackenzie Creamery Plain Chèvre, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup un-refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened coconut almond milk (or milk substitute, or regular milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sanding sugar or nonpareil sprinkles (both optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, goat cheese & melted butter in a large bowl & whisk until mixture forms a smooth paste. Add in coconut oil. Add egg, milk & vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Fold in flour mixture until al is mixed tother well.
- Pour sprinkles or sugar into a small bowl. Use a small cookie scoop to portion out about 1 tblsp of dough, then roll in sprinkles/sugar to coat. Place cookies on the parchment lined baking sheet with about 2 inches of space between. (Note:Dough will be soft, but should still be workable when rolling into balls, if not refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.)
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cookies are just set & slightly cracked. Cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. & then Enjoy!